Privacy & Cookies
We’ll always keep your data safe and secure. Here’s why we need it and how we use it. We will only use your data to up your experience. We’ll protect your data like it’s our own. We’ll always have your back – no nonsense, no surprises. You decide what and how you hear from us.
We are 100% committted to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors. We totally appreciate and respect how important privacy is. If you have any questions about how we protect your privacy, contact with our customer care team.
How we use your information
We use your information in a number of different ways – what we do depends on the information. The information below set this out in detail, showing what we do, and why we do it.
- Deliver your purchases to you – We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you. It’s a bit hard to send you order if we don’t use your name and contact details.
- Send you service messages by e-mail – We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you so you can tell when your order is coming.
- Sending you information by e-mail – To keep you up to date we only send to you latest information, about our new products and services. We only send this with your premissio.
- Fraud prevention and detection – To prevent and detect fraud against either you or Brilliantey – unfortunate, but absolutely essential.
- Finding out what you and other customers like – To ensure we are giving you what you want and to stay ahead of the competition.
- How we use your date of birth information – To prevent and detect fraud against either you or Brilliantey – unfortunate, but absolutely essential.
- How we use your gender information – To get you to the products that you want faster
- How we use your payment information – This means your card’s security CVV code, don’t worry, we don’t keep them. We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you – we’re not giving all our stuff away. To prevent and detect fraud against either you or Brilliantey – unfortunate, but absolutely essential.
- How we use your contact history – We’ve got to provide customer service and support to perform our contract with you, after all, your expect the best service from us. Also we need to train our staff so that, when you contact us, you get the best possible customer service.
- How we use your purchase history – We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you – if you can’t put stuff into a basket, you can’t buy it. To finding out what you and other customers like we ensure we are giving you what you want and to stay ahead of the competition.
- How we use information about your device and how you use our website – Information you give us when you browse our site including your IP address and device type as well as how you use our website. To give you the best possible shopping experience we improve our website and set default options for you. To protect our website we prevent and detect fraud against either you or Brilliantey – and to meet our legal obligations about looking after your data.
- How we use information from accounts you link to us – To enable you to log into our website simply and easily without having to create a specific account we make it easier for you to use our website and purchase those items you want.
- How we use your responses to surveys, competitions and promotions – To run the survey, competition or promotion. We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you – if we can’t use you entry, you can’t possibly win.
You don’t have to give us any of this personal information but if you don’t, you may not be able to buy from the site and you are unlikely to receive our optimal overall customer experience. But that is your choice – and we respect that.
We also anonymise and aggregate personal information so that it does not indetify you and use it for purposes including testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving our site and developing new products and services. We also share this information with third parties.
Sharing your information
We do not and will not sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, e-mail address or credit card information. We want to earn and maintain your trust and we believe this is absolutely essential in order to that.
- Companies in the Brilliantey group, as sometimes different bits of our group are responsible for different activities.
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers and delivery companies.
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts, who help us run our business.
- Credit reference agencies, low enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help trackle fraud
Companies approved by you, such as social media sites if you choose to link your account to us, marketplace sellers where you place and order and where you choose to use their payment service.
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and before we do so we’ll make sure that it does not identify you.
If you have said we can, we’ll send you marketing messages by email to keep you aware of what of what we’re up to. From time to time we may use your personal information to provide you with current information about offers you may find of interest, changes to our organisation, or new products or services being offered by us or any company with whom we are associated.
How to stop marketing messages from Brilliantey
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time. You can do this:
- By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any e-mail
- By contacting our customer care team
Please note that, as Brilliantey comprises a complex web of many inter-connecting services, it might take a few days for all our systems to be updated, so you might get messages from us while we process your request.
Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications such as order updates or where you have expressed an interest in an activity at Brilliantey.
Keeping your information
We’ll only hold on to your information for as long as you are a customer. If you haven’t logged onto our website for three years we will delete your information from our systems. If you no longer wish to be a customer, you can also contact our Customer Care team and request to delete all the information we have on you.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms & Conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used.
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances.
- The right to stop direct marketing messages and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time.
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider.
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us.
Third party privacy
From time to time, we may provide hyperlinks to third party websites that we do not control. We do not accept any responsibility nor make any warranties with respect to the collection, use, disclosure and storage of your personal information when accessing those websites. It is your responsibility to review the privacy policies of the websites that you are accessing.
- Enhance your online website experience.
- To track and report on website usage.
- To personalise your experience and make it easier for you to do what you want.
You can change your browser’s cookie settings via your browser privacy settings.
Changes to how we protect your privacy
We may change this page from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data.
If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on the Brilliantey website or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use Brilliantey.